Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Final Say: Going About

THE FINAL SAY: GOING ABOUT
by Monty Gilmer

The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) that word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
     PETER
     The Bible: Acts 10:36-38 (King James Version)


I read
In a book
That a man called
Christ
Went about doing good.

It is very disconcerting to me
That I am so easily
Satisfied
With just
Going about.

     GEORGE SMALL
     Quoted by my mother Evelyn M. Gilmer
     Original source unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment on a post on this blog must be relevant to that post. Your comments should always be gracious and, if possible, sprinkled with insight.